Silliman Activities & Administrative Committee (SAAC)
All enrolled Sillimanders are members of SAAC and are entitled to attend meetings and vote. The Council acts as a forum for the discussion of matters important to the Silliman Community, allocates the Student Activities Fund, and organizes most of the social events that take place in Silliman throughout the year.
SAAC has sponsored trips to away football and baseball games, dances, haunted houses, ski trips, karaoke nights, a game show (Silliman’s own Silli-Idol), fundraiser dinners, a trip to Six Flags, a trip to Broadway and the Apollo theatre, and the year-end carnival known as SilliFest.
Come to the meetings to help plan these activities, or to suggest ideas of your own! Council officers are elected each semester, and first years are especially welcome to run for officers. Look for signs and come get involved in the ins and outs of your college. This is a great way to get to know people and to discuss improvements to the college. Mondays at 10:00 PM in the basement Meeting Room (60), with free snacks and beverages.
SAAC Board - Fall 2021/Spring 2022
- Co-Presidents: Jonathan Oates ‘23 and Shandra Ahsan ‘24
- Snacklords: Mrinmoyee Guha ‘24 and Zoe Mohaupt ‘25
- Director of Communications: Caitlin Lee ‘23
- Director of Social Events: Aster Aguilar ‘24
- Director of Merchandise: Emma Madsen ‘25, Camille Chang ‘25, and Will deSantis ‘25