The newly renovated and equipped weight room includes weight and cardio machines, free weights and more in the basement of Byers Hall. Many of the treadmills and bikes have individual television screens to watch while exercising. Your room key will open the door!
Fitness Center Rules and Regulations
- Re-rack your weights. This means that if you’ve used the flat bench or the squat rack, the bar should be BARE when you’re done, and all the plates should be back on the rack ORGANIZED BY WEIGHT. Having the weight rack is pointless if 5s, 10s, and 25s are all mixed up. On one side, there should be (in descending order) 2.5s, 5s, and 25s, and on the other side, 10s and 45s. Furthermore, if you use the dumbbells, put them back on the rack in the right order.
- Return all the other equipment you’ve used to its proper place. Mats should go back in the corner where you got them. If you used an extra bar for anything, remove all the plates from it and put it back where you got it.
- Take all the plates off the leg press when you’re finished.
- For your safety and the safety of the people around you, use the collars.
- Never lean plates on the floor up against equipment.
- Generally, be a responsible gym goer. Ask yourself if you are contributing to order and safety, or whether your actions have contributed to gym-chaos. Did you leave the gym in better condition than you found it? We have the fantastic privilege of one of the nicest, if not the nicest, residential college gyms. We should all be willing to put in the time to keep our gym looking good and functioning properly.